We are now accepting applications for the two planned service trips to Lumberton, North Carolina
To be considered for one or more of the service groups, please fill out an application and mail it along with a $200 non-refundable deposit (both are needed per person applying). Your application will not be processed without your deposit, and your check will not be cashed unless you have been accepted. Mail completed applications to: Good News Project, 1106 Fifth St, Wausau, WI 54403.
Based on skill sets needed in each group, we may need to review all applications before making a selection (with earlier dated applications taking precedence over later ones). Please mark more than one choice if you are flexible.
The participation fee for a two-week trip is $750 USD. For a one week volunteer trip, the fee would be $450.
A two week trip includes:
- 15 nights at the Fairfield Inn-Marriott in Lumberton, which includes a hot breakfast (double occupancy)
- 15 shared lunches and evening meals
- Transportation during the two weeks of service in Lumberton, NC
- Nametag, work t-shirts, 1 GN denim team shirt
- Travel expenses to and from Lumberton, NC
- Any weekend travel arrangements you may decide to make, if you choose a 2 week volunteer trip.
- Personal laundry
Since this is an expense in connection with giving service to Good News Project– it is considered to be tax deductible under #170 of the Internal Revenue Code….please keep all your receipts!
North Carolina Relief #2 – Arrive Sunday, March 19 – Saturday, April 1, 2017
- Group of approx. 28 to stay at Fairfield Inn-Marriott in Lumberton, NC
- Basic home demolition and construction depending on talents of the group
- Volunteers may participate in either one of the two weeks if they desire.
- Coordinator: Bettina Peters
Please fill out one application per person We will try our best to help coordinate transportation connections between travelers.